SUMMARY OF POSITION
While embracing House Right values, your primary task is to support the project execution team by providing system design and commissioning services to help deliver simple, smart solutions to the church. You will use a proactive approach to execute your defined responsibilities toward completion of defined milestones.
The ideal team member will have an extensive background in AVL production ministry, systems engineering, and various technical experience.
WHAT WE ARE TRYING TO DO
For us, Churches are not just a “market” we work in. We operate out of a calling to serve the local church and to see the Gospel transform lives. You are going to fuel these efforts by initiating conversations and maturing relationships so we can do as much equipping and serving as possible.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Setup base AutoCAD files using templates and background drawings provided by Architect
- Work with Project Leads to generate construction documents and installation drawings
- Generate detailed schedules including electrical, junction boxes, cable pull schedules, etc.
- Export CAD drawings and compile design documents
- Work with Project Leads to generate detailed equipment list for ordering
- Provide project pre-fabrication alongside integration team (equipment racks, etc.)
- Q-SYS Programming (pre-deployment and in the field)
- Provide pre- and on-site system configuration and commissioning
- Assist integration team in finalizing system installations
- We “Run to the smoke” when gaps are recognized or if a team member needs help.
- Everyone has a responsibility to live into the HouseRight values of Flexibility, Integrity, Commitment, Respect, Care, and Humility
- Managing other duties as assigned
SKILLS, TRAITS, or TECHNOLOGY REQUIREMENTS
Ideal candidates will possess the following skills/experiences:
- You have to be awesome. Fun loving, driven, enjoyable, highly relational, humble…
- 5+ Years of relevant AVL experience
- 2+ years in ministry with experience (ideally leading Production teams, training volunteers and has experience with building projects)
- A personal passion/calling to serve The Church
- Familiar with AVL design tools such as AutoCAD, Vectorworks, EASE, etc.
- Experience with Q-SYS
- Ability to read and interpret plan sets
- Possess a high degree of personal integrity – You instinctively want to do and say the right thing, even if it costs us something…
- Highly organized, Process minded, Problem Solving, Cool-Calm & Collect
- Be a strong team player and sets others up for success even if at a personal cost
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Able to do repetitive tasks
- Good emotional intelligence
TIME, LOCATION, COMPENSATION
- This position is a full-time salaried role with benefits
- Flexible time off is included with this role
- This role is based out of our Lexington, Kentucky Office